FAQs last updated: 06 June 2013
Q What are the dates for the festival?
Beautiful Days 2013 will take place on the 16, 17 & 18 August at Escot Park in Devon and the gates open to weekend ticket holders on the Thursday at 2pm.
Q Who is playing at the festival?
Beautiful Days 2013 artists include Primal Scream, Ocean Colour Scene & Levellers plus Sinead O’Connor, Arrested Development, Roy Harper, Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel, Imelda May, The Selecter, The Skatalites, The Wonder Stuff, Clannad and loads more. Full list can be found on the 2013 Artist Page.
Q How many stages are there?
There are six stages at the festival – Main Stage, The Big Top, The Little Big Top, The Band Stand, Bimble Inn and the seated Theatre Tent. You can see past line-ups from all the stages on the festival line-up pages.
Q What kind of stalls are there? Is there a good choice?
Beautiful Days always has a great range of food outlets to cater for every taste – everything from pies to paellas. There is lots of choice for meat-eaters, vegetarians and vegans and all at reasonable prices. The festival also has a wide range of non-food traders selling everything from hand-crafted jewellery to fairy wings! THERE ARE ALSO CASHPOINTS ON SITE NEAR THE INFORMATION TENT
Q What about medical provision at the festival?
There is a medical centre between The Big Top stage and the Children’s Area, next to Escot House. We have St Johns Ambulance and Westcountry Ambulance Service on site throughout the weekend, 24 hours a day. There is also a Welfare Tent (Tea & Empathy) where you can go and take 5 mins out if you need a rest!
Q Can I bring my own alcohol?
Yes, you can bring a reasonable amount for personal consumption but NO GLASS. Otter Brewery run the bars on site.
Q When do tickets go on sale?
Tickets for Beautiful Days 2013 have SOLD OUT. If you have tickets but didnt buy a vehicle pass then you can still buy car parking and campervan tickets from here TICKETS. Tickets will be posted out in late July by recorded delivery - an exact date will be advertised nearer the time.
Q Does a toddler or a baby need a ticket?
Yes – all people, no matter what age, must have a valid weekend tickets. People of all ages count as part of the festival’s capacity, even really little ones. There is nothing we can do now tickets have sold out.
Q Are there day tickets available?
There are no day tickets available. If you have a weekend ticket then you can attend for one or all of the days but the price is the same. Please be aware of gate times for entry/re-entry if you are not planning to camp on site and plan to leave and re-enter the site during the festival. Earliest entry is 2pm on Thursday.
Q Where is the festival?
Escot Park is between Exeter and Honiton, off the A30. Go to the Travel Page for more information.
Q What time do the gates open and close?
Earliest entry for weekend ticket holders is Thursday 15 August at 2pm. Gates open at 9am on Friday morning and 10am on Saturday & Sunday. The gates close strictly for entry at 9.00pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and at 3pm on Sunday. There is no entry or re-entry allowed after those times.
Q What about public transport? Are there festival buses?
Festival buses will run from Exeter to Escot and between Feniton and Escot on Thursday, Friday and Monday. The festival bus timetable for 2013 is the same as 2012. There is also a free shuttle bus from Feniton Station to the pedestrian gate (RED GATE) running from Thursday to Monday. All travel details are HERE.
Q Is there a specific family camping field?
REDWOODS CAMPING FIELD is designated for family camping. It is the first camping field on your right as you come over the bridge out of the arenas. Beautiful Days is a family festival though so all of the camping fields have families camped in them! On the edge of Redwoods you will find stalls, a bar, The Band Stand and the Theatre Tent.
Q Can I park my car next to my tent or drive to the campsite to unload?
No! No vehicles are allowed on to the campsites before, during or after the festival. The car park is about a 10 minute walk from the festival arenas and there are TWO campsites as you come out of the car parks (Redwoods and Barleyfields camping) and then Arena Camping which is adjacent to the Main Arena and is accessed by walking through the festival site.
Q Can I pitch a tent next to my friends campervan in the campervan field?
Tents are not allowed in the campervan field but small awnings are permitted.
Q Can I bring my caravan? Or what about a tipi?
Basically no. Due to our license we are unable to accommodate caravans. You can hire a handmade tipi from our partners Wig Wam Sam
Q Are we allowed BBQs?
Yes, you can bring small disposable BBQs as long as they are raised off the ground so you dont damage the land. And obviously please dont use them in tents and dont leave them unattended!
Q Are there showers? Or water points?
Yes, there are showers in all the campsites. They are manned and cleaned throughout the day. There is a nominal fee for showers. There are water points and toilets in all the campsites and across the site. These are marked clearly by signs and on the site map in the festival programme.
If you cant see the answer to your query or for other enquiries and feedback please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to reply to your email as quickly as we can!
Terms & Conditions of Sale ~ Beautiful Days 2013
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase.
- The right of admission is reserved.
- Management reserve the right to alter or in the event of adverse weather conditions to curtail or cancel the performance.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- Animals are not permitted on site.
- Strictly NO GLASS allowed on site.
- Strictly NO FIREWORKS OR FIRE LANTERNS allowed on site.
- There will be no refunds in the event of cancellation.
- Management reserve the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, and to vary the advertised programme if necessary.
- Under 18’s will not be served alcohol and those who appear under 21 may be challenged and refused if proof of age cannot be produced.
- Anti social behaviour will not be tolerated and persons deemed to be carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities are likely to be ejected without refund.
- Persons who have gained access to the festival site without a valid ticket or permission or have gained access by fraudulent means, may be searched and will be evicted.
- Beautiful Days will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings.
- No petrol generators and no unauthorised sound systems on site.
- Earliest entry for weekend ticket holders is 2.00pm on Thursday 15 August and they may depart no later than midday on Monday 19 August.
- Gates close strictly for entry and re-entry at 9.00pm on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
- Gates will close for entry and re-entry at 3.00pm on Sunday 18 August
- All vehicles and persons entering site will be liable to be searched.
- There are no day tickets available.
- Festival-goers should be aware that Beautiful Days takes place in an outdoor, rural location. There are some roads and pathways on site but the landscape can be difficult to traverse, especially if the weather is bad.
- Strobe lighting may be used at the festival.
- Warning: Excessive exposure to loud music may cause hearing damage