Q What are the dates for next year and when are tickets on sale?
Beautiful Days 2016 dates are 19 – 21 August and gates will open on the Thursday. Tickets are not yet on sale and no details have been announced yet for on sale date – likely to be in the new year.
Q Who is playing at the festival?
The lineup for 2015 included DROPKICK MURPHYS, HAPPY MONDAYS, LEVELLERS, GOGOL BORDELLO, IDLEWILD and loads more! Full list of all acts and running orders HERE
Q How many stages are there?
There are six stages at the festival – Main Stage, The Big Top, The Little Big Top, The Band Stand, Bimble Inn and the seated Theatre Tent.
Q What is the Sunday theme this year?
The Sunday theme for 2015 was THIS GARDEN. No theme has been announced for 2016, we are happy to hear suggestions.
Q What kind of stalls are there? Is there a good choice?
Beautiful Days always has a great range of food outlets to cater for every taste – everything from pies to paellas. There is lots of choice for meat-eaters, vegetarians and vegans and all at reasonable prices. The festival also has a wide range of non-food traders selling everything from hand-crafted jewellery to fairy wings! THERE ARE ALSO CASHPOINTS ON SITE NEAR THE INFORMATION TENT
Q What about medical provision at the festival?
There is a medical centre between The Big Top stage and the Children’s Area, next to Escot House. We have St Johns Ambulance and Westcountry Ambulance Service on site throughout the weekend, 24 hours a day. There is also a Welfare Tent (Tea & Empathy) where you can go and take 5 mins out if you need a rest.
Q Can I bring my own alcohol?
Yes, you can bring a reasonable amount for personal consumption but NO GLASS. Otter Brewery run the bars on site.
Q Are tickets on sale?
Tickets for 2016 are not on sale yet – make sure you’re on the festival email list to get details as soon as they are announced.
Q Does a toddler or a baby need a ticket?
Yes – all people, no matter what age, must have a valid weekend tickets. People of all ages count as part of the festival’s capacity, even really little ones. There is nothing we can do once tickets have sold out.
Q Are there day tickets available?
There will be no day tickets available. If you have a weekend ticket then you can attend for one or all of the days but the price is the same. Please be aware of gate times for entry/re-entry if you are not planning to camp on site and plan to leave and re-enter the site during the festival.
Q Where is the festival?
Escot Park is between Exeter and Honiton, off the A30. Go to the Travel Page for more information.
Q What time do the gates open and close?
Earliest entry for weekend ticket holders is the Thursday at 2pm. Gates to the car parks open at 12noon. Gates open at 9am on Friday morning and 10am on Saturday & Sunday. The gates close strictly for entry at 9.00pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and at 3pm on Sunday. There is no entry or re-entry allowed after those times.
Q What about public transport? Are there festival buses?
Festival buses will run from Exeter to Escot and between Feniton and Escot on Thursday, Friday and Monday. The festival bus timetable for 2015 is likely to be the same as this year. There is also a free shuttle bus from Feniton Station to the pedestrian gate (RED GATE) running from Thursday to Monday – it runs on a loop so just wait for it at the station, it will be clearly marked for the festival.
Q Is there a specific family camping field?
REDWOODS CAMPING FIELD is designated for family camping. It is the first camping field on your right as you come over the bridge out of the arenas. Depending on where you park, the campsites are between 5 and 15 mins walk from the car parks. Beautiful Days is a family festival though so all of the camping fields have families camped in them! On the edge of Redwoods you will find stalls, a bar, The Band Stand and the Theatre Tent.
Q Can I park my car next to my tent or drive to the campsite to unload?
No! No vehicles are allowed on to the campsites before, during or after the festival. The car park is about a 10 minute walk from the festival arenas and there are TWO campsites as you come out of the car parks (Redwoods and Barleyfields camping) and then Arena Camping which is adjacent to the Main Arena and is accessed by walking through the festival site.
Q Can I pitch a tent next to my friends campervan in the campervan field?
Tents are not allowed in the campervan field but small awnings are permitted.
Q Can I bring a trailer tent – where will it go?
You can but you must purchase a campervan pass as you will need to drop your trailer tent in the campervan field and re-park in the car park. No cars are permitted to drive into the campsites.
Q Can I bring my caravan? Or what about a tipi?
Basically no. Due to our license, and through choice, we are unable to accommodate caravans. You can hire a handmade tipi from our partners Wig Wam Sam. We do not have partnerships with any other groups for hiring in tipis or yurts.
Q Are we allowed BBQs?
Yes, you can bring small disposable BBQs as long as they are raised off the ground so you dont damage the land. And obviously please dont use them in tents and dont leave them unattended.
Q Are there showers? Or water points?
Yes, there are showers in all the campsites. They are manned and cleaned throughout the day. There is a nominal fee for showers. There are water points and toilets in all the campsites and across the site. These are marked clearly by signs and on the site map in the festival programme.
DISABLED / GENERAL ACCESS
Please see the Disabled Access page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cant see the answer to your query or for other enquiries and feedback please email email@example.com. We will do our best to reply to your email as quickly as we can.
Terms & Conditions ~ Beautiful Days 2015 (to be updated for 2016 festival)
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase.
- The right of admission is reserved.
- Management reserve the right to alter or in the event of adverse weather conditions to curtail or cancel the performance.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- Animals are not permitted on site (except Registered Assistance Dogs).
- Strictly no glass allowed on site.
- Strictly no fireworks or fire lanterns allowed on site.
- There will be no refunds in the event of cancellation.
- Management reserve the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, and to vary the advertised programme if necessary.
- Under 18’s will not be served alcohol and those who appear under 21 may be challenged and refused if proof of age cannot be produced.
- Anti social behaviour will not be tolerated and persons deemed to be carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities are likely to be ejected without refund.
- Persons who have gained access to the festival site without a valid ticket or permission or have gained access by fraudulent means, may be searched and will be evicted.
- Beautiful Days will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings.
- No generators and no unauthorised sound systems on site, including in campsites.
- Earliest entry to the site for weekend ticket holders is 12noon to car parks and 2pm to the site on Thursday 20 August and they may depart no later than midday on Monday 24 August.
- Gates close strictly for entry and re-entry at 9.00pm on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
- Gates will close for entry and re-entry at 3.00pm on Sunday 23 August
- All vehicles and persons entering site will be liable to be searched.
- There are no day tickets available.
- Festival-goers should be aware that Beautiful Days takes place in an outdoor, rural location. There are some roads and pathways on site but the landscape can be difficult to traverse, especially if the weather is bad.
- Strobe lighting may be used at the festival.
- Warning: Excessive exposure to loud music may cause hearing damage