Beautiful Days provides facilities and support for those wishing to attend who have accessibility requirements. If you are returning to Beautiful Days then, thank you for your continued support, I hope we can help with your needs and we look forward to welcoming you back. If you have not been to Beautiful Days before then please don’t hesitate to ask for practical advice and we look forward to welcoming you to the festival.
Beautiful Days takes place at Escot Park in Devon in an outdoor, rural location. Some areas are hilly and can be more difficult for those in wheelchairs or with mobility problems to access. There are some roads and pathways on site but the landscape can be difficult to traverse especially if the weather is bad.
THE FACILITIES WE PROVIDE INCLUDE:
• The Accessible Campsite with allocated pitches for tents, campervans and caravans subject to availability. The Campsite has wide-access toilets, shower facilities, walkways and trackways for vehicles and wheelchairs throughout.
• A 24hr staffed marquee in The Accessible Campsite with a fridge for medicine and charging points for wheelchairs and medical equipment. The Campsite Manager and team are on hand to site you on arrival and answer queries and help throughout the weekend
• A limited number of Accessible Parking spaces adjacent to The Accessible Campsite
• Free Carer/Personal Assistant tickets (please do not buy a ticket for your PA as this will not be refunded – Carer/PA tickets are sent separately to other festival tickets)
• Viewing platforms in the Main Arena and in The Big Top (Stage 2)
• Wheelchair spaces in The Theatre Tent
• Charging point for wheelchairs in the Safe-Guarding Tent in Arena 2
• Accessible toilets around site
ACCESSIBLE CAMPSITE PITCHES
The Accessible Campsite is adjacent to the main festival site and accessed from the RED gate via a concrete road which leads up to the entrance to the festival’s main arenas. Space is strictly limited and must be agreed in advance but the campsite was expanded in 2021 to meet demand. To ensure space is allocated fairly and efficiently we are allocating pitches – by doing this we can make sure we comfortably accommodate everyone who successfully applies for space.
• 3m x 4m for TENTS
• 9m x 5m for CAMPERVANS (including small awnings)
• 8m x 8m for CARAVANS (to include space for car parked next to caravan)
Entrance/exits should be 1m clear of your neighbour within these limits.
FAMILY / LARGER PITCHES
We appreciate families have larger tents, may have more than one and so may require two pitches. The sizes/guides are not to restrict anyone attending, they are to ensure we can make the best use of the space we have. If you have specific requirements please let us know and we will do our best to help.
ACCESSIBLE CAMPERVAN & CARAVAN PASSES
As well as Campervans we offered a limited number of Caravan pitches with space for your Car next to them in The Accessible Campsite.
ACCESSIBLE CAR PARKING
There are a limited number of Accessible Parking spaces available next to the Accessible Campsite . There are also a limited number of Priority Parking spaces in the Yellow Car Park for those who wish to camp in Redwoods or Barleyfields Campsites. Accessible Parking passes are issued at the discretion of the festival. A Blue Badge does not apply at the festival.
CARER/PERSONAL ASSISTANT TICKETS
We recognise that some festival-goers require access for a carer or personal assistant. We offered free Carer/Personal Assistant tickets to those who are over 16 years of age and in receipt of one of the following:
Middle or Higher rate DLA for care and/or mobility
Receipt of Enhanced Rate Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Or Registered Deaf or Blind
Any other requests are discretionary
Free Carer/PA tickets are approved and sent separately to your other festival tickets. The PA ticket is provided on the expectation that your PA is willing and able to assist you throughout your visit. Free Carer/PA tickets are not allocated to parents/guardians of children under the age of 16. All children under 16 must be accompanied to the festival by an adult. Carer/PA tickets are non-transferable and cannot be sold. One carer ticket permitted per household. Subject to availability.
We have viewing platforms in the Main Arena and in The Big Top. Please apply in advance for passes – these are wristbands which are collected onsite from The Accessible Campsite team. Space on the viewing platforms is limited and will be restricted at busy periods, we cannot guarantee space will be available for you and your party at all times. There is space in The Theatre Tent for wheelchair users, stewards will advise on position and assist on the day.
We hope the information above will go some way towards assisting you in coming to Beautiful Days. If there is anything that we have not covered; or you have any queries or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected] or [email protected]
We very much hope to welcome you to Beautiful Days 2022